URGENT! Answer the Call to Stand in the Gap for our Elected Officials!
The Count-Down to the end of the 85th Texas Legislative Session is on! May 31, 2017 marks the last day of Regular Session and unless the Governor calls a Special Session, they will not convene again until 2019. With many key religious liberty bills stalled in the House, we need divine intervention and spiritual breakthrough in legislation and in the hearts of our lawmakers.
Join us in extending a Prayer Shield over our Texas Legislature by committing to pray for our lawmakers daily until the session is over.
Will you be Watchmen on the Wall with us?
Objective: To mobilize Texans to unite in fighting the battle for religious liberty and good government in the spiritual realm through prayer.
Time Frame: Beginning today until the completion of this 85th Legislative Session at the end of May, unless Governor Abbott calls a special session.
How to get started:
- Click to join below and we will send your providentially designated Prayer Assignment.
- You will also receive a bookmark template with a photo and contact information of your Adopted Lawmaker, similar to the samples found here.
- This bookmark can be reproduced for church members or intercessors as a reminder to faithfully pray. It could also be reprinted in bulletins, newsletter or blog spot, etc.
The Game Plan:
- Pray daily for your Adopted Lawmaker. God will give you wisdom on how to pray specifically for needs only the Holy Spirit can reveal.
- Send notes of encouragement to your Adopted Lawmaker. Consider including 3×5 cards with Scripture promises or the verses you are praying over them.
- Check our Texas Prayer Caucus Facebook for news and prayer points.
- Invite your pastor friends across Texas to join us by passing this challenge on to them. The time is short.
Those placed in authority over us need supernatural wisdom, courage, protection, spiritual transformation, and commitment to do what is right as God declares it.… so we PRAY, petitioning the Sovereign of the Universe, our Great God and King, who is worthy of our confidence and who delights to answer the prayers of His children. (I John 5:13-15)
Click on the Shield below to learn more