Religious Liberty and the Current Healthcare System
A. Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF): www.alliancedefendingfreedom.org/
1. Primary Contact: Alan Sears, Esq., President, CEO
2. Mission: An alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely life out their faith.
3. See: https://www.adflegal.org/issues/sanctity-of-life/beginning-of-life/defending-those-who-defend-life/key-issues/obamacare/hhs-obamacare
4. See: https://www.adflegal.org/search?q=healthcare&category=&contentType=
B. First Liberty Institute: www.firstliberty.org
1. Primary Contact: Kelly Shackleford, President
2. Mission: The largest legal organization in the nation dedicated exclusively to protecting religious freedom for all Americans
3. See: https://firstliberty.org/newsroom/three-supreme-court-justices-warn-of-ominous-sign-in-rejection-of-pharmacy-case/
C. Liberty Counsel: https://www.lc.org/
1. Primary Contact: Mathew Staver, Esq., President, CEO
2. Mission: An international nonprofit litigation, education and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life and the family.
3. See: https://www.lc.org/search-results?query=healthcare
D. Pacific Justice Institute: www.pacificjustice.org/
1. Primary Contact: Brad Dacus, Esq., President
2. Mission: A legal defense organization specializing in the defense of religious freedom, parental rights and other civil liberties.
3. See: http://www.pacificjustice.org/apps/search?q=healthcare
E. American Center for Law and Justice: www.aclj.org/
1. Primary Contact: Jay Sekulow, Esq., President
2. Mission: To protect religious and constitutional freedoms by engaging in legal, legislative and cultural issues through advocacy, education and litigation.
3. See: http://aclj.org/search?q=healthcare
F. Family Research Council: www.frc.org/
1. Primary Contacts: Tony Perkins, President and Lt. Gen. (Ret.) William G. “Jerry” Boykin, Executive Vice President
2. Mission: To advance faith, family and freedom in public policy and the culture from a Christian worldview.
3. See: http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PG13F01&q=healthcare
G. The Beckett Fund for Religious Liberty: www.becketfund.org/
1. Primary Contacts: William Mumma, President
2. Mission: A non-profit, public-interest legal and educational institute to protect the free expression of all faiths.
3. See: http://www.becketfund.org/?g=true&s=healthcare
4. See: http://www.becketfund.org/?g=true&s=health%20care%20mandates
5. See: http://www.becketfund.org/?g=true&s=health%20care%20lawsuits
6. See: http://www.becketfund.org/?g=true&s=health%20care%20religious%20exemption
H. Religion News Service: http://religionnews.com/
1. Primary Contacts: Jerome Socolovsky, Editor-in-Chief
2. Mission: A non-profit, secular news source that provides in-depth, non-sectarian coverage of religion and spirituality (not necessarily Christian, but offers some perspective).
3. See: http://religionnews.com/?s=healthcare
4. See: http://religionnews.com/2016/06/27/supreme-court-strikes-down-abortion-restrictions/
I. Acton Institute: http://www.acton.org/
1. Primary Contacts: Rev. Robert A. Sirico, President
2. Mission: To promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles.
3. See: http://www.acton.org/pub/religion-liberty/volume-19-number-4/christian-perspective-health-care-reform
4. See: http://www.acton.org/search/node/healthcare
J. United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: http://www.usccb.org/
1. Primary Contacts: Bishops and Eparchs
2. Mission: To act collaboratively and consistently on vital issues confronting the Church and society; to foster communion with the Church in other nations, within the Church universal, under the leadership of its supreme pastor, the Roman Pontiff; and to offer appropriate assistance to each bishop in fulfilling his particular ministry in the local Church
3. See: http://www.usccb.org/search.cfm?site=newusccb&proxystylesheet=newusccb_frontend&q=healthcare&btnG.x=0&btnG.y=0&lang=eng
4. See: http://www.usccb.org/news/2016/16-090.cfm
K. Christian Medical and Dental Association: https://www.cmda.org/
1. Primary Contacts: Jonathan Imbody, Vice President
2. Mission: To provide programs and services supporting its mission to “change hearts in healthcare” by promoting positions and addresses policies on healthcare issues; conducting overseas medical evangelism projects; coordinating a network of Christian healthcare professionals for fellowship and professional growth; sponsoring student ministries in medical and dental schools; distributing educational and inspirational resources; hosting marriage and family conferences; providing Third World missionary doctors with continuing education resources; and conducting academic exchange programs overseas.
3. See: https://cmda.org/issues/detail/healthcare-reform